Advertisement

Psychedelic movies

topic posted Tue, November 6, 2007 - 5:31 PM by  Thanos
Share/Save/Bookmark
There's a really good tripping movie out. It's called "Infinitys' Child'. I got it from netflix. Pure psychedelia. If anyone's got any other psy movies to reccomend, post 'em. Also "Wizards" from a long time ago. You old hippies will know what I'm talking about.
posted by:
Thanos
Advertisement
  • Unsu...

Re: Psychedelic movies

Tue, November 6, 2007 - 8:17 PM
    Naked Lunch
    • Re: Psychedelic movies

Tue, November 6, 2007 - 10:53 PM
      I found Renegade
      a Jan Kounen film to be great
      found it under Blueberry on Amazon

Wed, November 7, 2007 - 1:43 AM
        The Holy Mountain by Alejandro Jodorowsky.

You're not going to be the same person after watching this high.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_...73_film%29

El Dia de la Bestia (The Day Of the Beast) by Alex de la Iglesia

Learn how to make a ritual with LSD, virgin girlies blood and death metal.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_..._the_Beast

Heavy Metal

Five grams of quality p.cubensis processed in a coffee grinder and mixed with Green and Black's Organic Hazelnut cream will open up some new dimensions while watching this movie.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heav...%28film%29

In-joy!

Thu, November 8, 2007 - 11:49 PM
          I know some movies that are cool to watch while high or stoned, but I'm not sure if that means they'd be good for watching for psychedelic effect. I like to play with a screen saver I got years ago that lets you run music through it. Kaleidoscope. It is the one program that worked a lot better on my 486 than this newer computer. Windows media player has something similar. The one called random works quite well with psytrance music. Put in some trippy music or psytrance and watch the screen in a dim or dark room. That can be as good or intense as any movie if you pick well. Back when I smoked pot, I was a fan of Cheech y Chong. Lots of laughs in them days, but that's not psychedelic. Hmm, this is a lot harder to think of than I thought it might be. I'll have to note some of the suggested movies and watch them some time. If these movies have messages or stories that are not obvious, then I'm thinking that the amount of drug or the timing of when you take it will have a big difference on how well you like the experience.

Yellow Submarine?

Pink Floyd, Live at Pompei? The songs Echos is on this video. In two parts, but all of it. Parts of that song sound really good with the right high happening. Plus some weird rain and other things. The site itself is an old stadium from the Roman days. Just the band, no audience.

I suppose "The Wall" by Pink Floyd might be one to watch, but there's not too much visual stuff in it. I remember seeing Heavy Metal. 1981 during the baseball strike if I remember right.

Animation festivals have some good stuff too. And shorts are more to one's enjoyment when high as they don't require a long train of thought to follow. You know how it is and the minutes are hours and the hours are gone in no time.

I think visual things that don't require one to follow a plot are what you want to watch. Some of the Shpongle videos seems like good choices. If I ever get around to having some experience with DMT I should have a good idea about what kind of visual things I'd like. And audio things too. I remember when coming down from LSD and being up late at night with not much going on we'd turn the television on to Alfred Hitchcock's old show and then immediately after that Fractured Flickers would come on. These programs were made in the fifties and early sixties, but one was intense with drama and the other was just slap stick laughing funny, especially coming down and getting some chuckles.

Maybe it might be better to mix a movie video with parts of various movies and videos in it. Like parts of 2001 or Star Gate and any show that has the ol' jump to light speed in it.
          Has anyone done DMT or LSD and been at a Laserium for a show? Somebody ought to make a video for "Thick as Brick" that is psychedelic and has non-rabbits in it. 46 minutes ought be the right amount of time, though the song itself may not be the type of music for DMT. Maybe "Autobahn" would be a better choice? Yep, I'm going to have to find SWIM and get some questions answered. Someone here had the link to a short with Albert Hoffman as the shrink and a crazy guy with a Shpongle song as the sound track after the initial doctor/patient that had what I thought were tripping looking visuals that kept me watching the whole time.

Sat, November 10, 2007 - 4:28 AM
            Well, I went and saw The Great Australian Pink Flyod Show last year, and wish I had some thing for my head. I was totally blown away by them and their light/ sound. This was no knockoff garage band. Too bad I didn't have a little some thing for the head. I HIGHLY reccomend Aussie Floyd. You won't be dissapointed.
            • Unsu...

Sat, November 10, 2007 - 4:31 AM
              Man they played so loud when I saw them! And they played dark side all the way though!
              Just me, my pal, and mary jane.
              hearing the music, feeling the pink floyd,
              that was so good!

they are so timeless I have chills just thinking about them. thanks again Thanos.

Fri, November 9, 2007 - 6:57 PM
          Ha, I just saw holy mountain on Sunday, and your right, I'm not the same.
          200 Motels by Frank Zappa was pretty damn weird too.

Tue, November 13, 2007 - 8:32 AM
    Grok Gazer by Tod Rundgren (yes, the 80s rock star).

An oldie but a goody. Way ahead of its time, for its time that is (mid 90s I believe). This is visual/colour therapy set to a soothing ambient track. I used to project this VHS tape at parties all the time. Always a sure hit. Strangely, I can't locate it on any of the online media streamers. Look out for this one, it's a classic! Very much along the same lines as Infinity's Child I think, but older. I have some other tapes laying around such as the Mind's Eye series, from which I picked visuals for projection, but most of it is cheesy, to me at least. Top of the cheese is this Xmix release I once bought. Waaay low tech and dare I say behind on its time ;-)

I still like Tron too, and Barbarella, and Flash Gordon (1980). Forbidden Planet is pretty psychedelic too, 50s retro sci-fi style.

Wed, November 14, 2007 - 3:06 PM
    my short list.. :) some of these are good for the eyes, some for the mind.. :)

Alice In Wonderland
    I Heart Huckabees
    Koyaniskatsi
    Memento
    Pi
    Primer
    Rosencrantz & Guildenstern Are Dead
    THX 1138
    Waking Life

peace
    -cpr
    • Unsu...

Wed, November 14, 2007 - 3:09 PM
      I once watched shirley temple for an hour and was very entertained by the way they produced her films back in the day.
      long story.

Fri, November 23, 2007 - 1:59 PM
      Yes of course, THX1138! And Waking life -> total lsd flashback. Lots of David Lynch movies of course... totally trippy man =]

I love Tron for many of its qualities. Again, waaay ahead of its time, yet soooo 80s, but in a good way.

Forbidden Planet does rock. Hard to believe this movie is from the 50s. The soundtrack is a total trip too. Early synths (the big wired boxes) getting worked. Anyone who hasn't seen this one for whatever reason is missing out. See it at least once. 50s retro sci-fi vibe to the max.

Tod Rundgren is talented for sure. Grok Gazer, now that I remember, is from the early 90s. Tod was involved in bringing some revolutionary/affordable visual software on the market too. Can't remember if it was for pc or commodore.

One more for the list: The Animatrix. 9 veeery trippy animated shorts with great soundtracks.

Recent topics in "dmt"

Topic Author Replies Last Post
DMT and Amsterdam Parallaxorb 1 December 16, 2014
Younger Women Looking for Older Men Unsubscribed 1 November 19, 2014
Wash DC RAd-Fay Eploring my universe offlineThumper 1 September 6, 2014
Third Eye Openers, LSD, DMT , Hallucinogens available in Bulk ... Brandon 4 September 4, 2014