Advertisement

DMT ART

topic posted Thu, July 16, 2009 - 10:09 PM by  Mr. M
Share/Save/Bookmark
singingtotheplants.blogspot.com/20...tml

I think Trance did a fantastic job with Ben Tolmas Cognitive Trance-formation. : ) I like to think that Ben could & would appreciate Trances effort. It's beautiful. It's homage. It's like the Beautiful People paying tribute to Jimi Hendrix. It's NOT negative at all as far as I'm concerned.

I love "DMT ART." Alex Grey is for me the first thing that comes to mind. And his COSM / Chapel Of Sacred Mirrors dvd. And of course Ricks Spirit Molecule book. I search for really good dmt art as well as other art in general that has a "psy" feel to it. Even though everything is psy not everything shines as brilliantly as some other things. I'm most interested in the "Crown Jewels" of dmt art. Right now, I feel Alex is the King of the Mountain. The "Man on the Silver Mountain" if you will. But while his work is extensive and incredible, I am also interested to find other artists that are working with similar intent. If anyone knows of more interesting artists and their work please do share. Who knows. Maybe there's a whole bunch of stuff I'm just not aware of. But from my general searches I keep coming up with the same things. Not that those things are bad. I love them. But I'm just wondering if that's all there is? Am I missing something? Is there a "conspiracy?" : )

Cheers!
posted by:
Mr. M
California
Advertisement
  • Re: DMT ART

Fri, July 17, 2009 - 10:46 AM
    Alex Grey tha man fosho =)

Some other "all time" favourites:

Salvador Dali
    René Magritte
    Vincent Van Gogh

Tue, July 21, 2009 - 10:55 AM
    Alex Grey's thing was/is/and probably will always be LSD, not DMT. LSD ART? That's a tricky question. You'll have to ask Alex. Or, "Alexander", as some are allowed to call him. LOL.

Tue, July 21, 2009 - 1:09 PM
      Alex Grey rare interview on DMT Dimethyltryptamine by Roger Essig
      www.youtube.com/watch

Tue, July 21, 2009 - 7:24 PM
        That's cool. The only thing is I dont always agree that everything is always a reflection of ourselves. Sometimes. Alot of times. Maybe not so much. But NOT all the time. I have never bought that dogma. And people that do always seem to think if you dont think it's true that you are wrong. Like they expect everyone to submit to the dogma. And if you dont then you are lost. I fully disagree.

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 1:21 AM
          It's ALL inside your own head bro!
          Like the god on a stick said "The kingdom of heaven is within you"...
          Psychedelics bring out the inner YOU ;-)

Wed, July 22, 2009 - 11:36 PM
            I believe they not only bring out the inner you though. That it is possible they also open you up to higher consciousness that allows you to see many things. Things that may be a part of you. But also many things that are not a part of you. Things that are separate even though everything is connected. That may be a contradiction. But what I'm getting at is that let's say you are confronted with extreme "evil". That evil is not subjective. I just dont see much of the ugliness of the world as having anything to do with ME. It's NOT a reflection of myself. That's like saying if you gross out on vomit or dog shit on the sidewalk that it's just a reflection of yourself. lol That's just rediculous. Or that if you think something you eat is bitter and dont like it. Supposedly it's not actually bitter. Supposedly we have just been programmed to think it is. I say IT'S REALLY BITTER!!! Life is NOT an illusion. Reality is quite REAL. I could go on. I love this talk. Because while I am interested in psychedelic experience be it from drugs or meditation, I dont personally feel required to believe everything alot of people agree upon. Just as I dont have to buy into religious dogma. I dont feel obligated to believe everything that is believed to supposedly be "fact" in the "religion" of psychedelics.