Advertisement

Wheatgrass juicer extraction process

topic posted Thu, March 4, 2010 - 3:07 PM by  Matthew
Share/Save/Bookmark
I read that you can bypass all the chemistry of extracting DMT from phalaris arundinacea (reed canary grass) by simply running the grass through a wheat-grass juicer and ingesting the fluid to get the psychedelic experience... is this true? Anybody with experience or tips to share would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Matthew
posted by:
Matthew
Philadelphia
Advertisement
  • Re: Wheatgrass juicer extraction process

Thu, March 4, 2010 - 5:53 PM
    Dont think so Matthew,

For one, Phalari.s grass has a few alkaloids/toxins (hordenine/tyramine) im sure you dont want in your body (as far as I know).

And secondly, DMT is not orally active by itself. This subject has been covered exhaustively in this forum, but to paraphrase one of the thousand pages here in -

"DMT is not orally active unless it is mixed with a monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), such as those found in the harmala alkaloids produced by plants like Banisteriopsis caapi (commonly called the ayahuasca vine) and Peganum harmala (commonly called syrian rue).

Without an inhibitor, monoamine oxidase in the human body quickly breaks down DMT that has been ingested orally, and it has very little to no psychoactive effect. Pure DMT is usually injected or smoked. "

Thu, March 4, 2010 - 7:14 PM
      Well I was wrong about Hordenine and Tyramine, they are not the toxic alkaloids I thought they were,

but I do recall years ago reading about some' toxins in this plant and their adverse affects when they are not fully removed.

Does anybody know of the potency of spice in the seeds of Desmanthus illinoensis or better known as Louisiana Bundleflower??

The spice in the root bark of this plant matches levels compared to Mimosa H......not to let the cat out, but the seeds for bundleflower are like pennys a pound.

Thu, March 4, 2010 - 8:08 PM
        Gramine' is in grasses' make you shake n' ache'

Mr 8' is correct' unless you dry the juice n' pipe it'

Bliss!

Nobu +

Also acid salts no vapourise' base salts do'

Simple chemistry'

Study it !!

Sat, March 6, 2010 - 1:37 PM
          Also, doing a brew with a RIMA like banisteriopsis or harmal can make the toxic gramine pretty nasty, although I have heard of some successful bioassays using this method, look up Johnny Appleseed or peruse Ott's Ayahuasca Analogues, which is available on the net for more information...

Recent topics in "dmt"